Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the implications of cancelling a score?

Fluccci3Fluccci3 Alum Member
edited February 2018 in February 2018 LSAT 63 karma

Hi everyone,

I'm currently registered to take the February 2018 LSAT but I'm incredibly worried that I have not prepared well enough! I took a majority of December off (truthfully, I took the whole month off) as I was visiting my family back home. I studied very hard for the whole month of January but I only just feel like the material is 'clicking'. My plan now is to take the test (to at least experience what it is like in true conditions) and then see how I feel afterwards (in the 6 days after) and potentially cancel the score (most likely cancel)... I'm worried, however, that schools will react negatively to a cancelled score? I will be applying to Canadian schools. I'm hoping to take the test once more in either the June/July sitting...

Thanks in advance for your opinions!! I appreciate it.

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Schools won't care about a cancelled score, don't worry about it

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

From what I hear, one cancellation is understandable, but more than that starts to get them concerned.

• Laabradir33Laabradir33 Alum Member
    161 karma

You're pretty determined in taking the test already, so it might be kind of disrespectful to say this but I think walking into the exam with an attitude that's anything other than "I'm ready" is not a good idea.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited February 2018 23929 karma

If it's your first time taking and you're not ready, it's not a good idea to take. Moreover, it's not a good idea to take on an undisclosed test where you won't see your score breakdown. And being sick on top of this... I just don't see how taking this Saturday is a good idea...

• Fluccci3Fluccci3 Alum Member
    63 karma

Thanks for the response!

After considering my options, I have decided that I'm not going to write it on Saturday... I'm upset that I waited this long to decide...

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

Yeah, I agree with above that taking is just not a good idea. I just see an awful lot of downside with no upside whatsoever.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

This sounds like a receipe for disaster. If you go in the February test without the right mindset, and you end up scoring poorly, you will be demoralized and not motivated to keep studying

• Fluccci3Fluccci3 Alum Member
    63 karma

Thanks a lot everyone. I needed a reality check... I feel like another reason behind taking it this Saturday was because I felt pressured by the fact that I told my close friends/family about it and I feel like a disappointment having to push it back once more... As naïve as this sounds I didn't truly understand how difficult preparing for this test was going to be... But I really appreciate it. Like I said I'm withdrawing

• beezmoofbeezmoof Alum Member
    555 karma

@rdormer12 I'm in the same exact position as you in terms of telling friends. I'm withdrawing as well, after pushing off once again from my original date in December. I think what is helping me this time round is remembering how my friends were surprisingly understanding once I told them I was pushing it back to Feb. And to the friends that weren't/won't be so understanding (one girl who is actually studying for the LSAT herself), I've accepted that this is a me decision that will get me to where I want to go. We know what's best for ourselves. Everything else is extraneous, even close friends and family in this case, at least those who are less empathetic to how difficult the LSAT can be.

Be confident!