Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horrible Testing Conditions-We lost heat in our room-What should I do?

TheLSATerTheLSATer Alum Member

I took the test this Saturday and I am very conflicted on what to do. I took the test in Connecticut. It was 30 something degrees outside that morning. The room was initially warm when I got there so I sat in the corner by the window. We lost heat in the room when the test started and I basically took the first half of the exam shivering and freezing the entire time ( I am anemic). My hands were shaking the entire time because I was so cold. It was fixed during our break and we had heat the second half of the exam. The only section I was not able to complete was one of the sections I took during the first half. I honestly don't know if it was difficult or if was the conditions or maybe both coupled with nerves. Leading up to the exam, I haven't had any problems completing the sections. In fact I was really excited because I had spent a year prepping and I was scoring very well on my PTs.

To make things worst my proctor--(very sweet elderly lady) would continue to give us instructions AFTER starting our time. She did this for EVERY section. So as I am reading question number 1 with the clock running, she would be talking. I don't think it was intentional. She was very kind...but those seconds do add up. Everything is telling me I should cancel and reach out to LSAC. Any advice?

I am very bummed. I really wanted to be done with the LSAT after this weekend.

Comments

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

You neeed to tell LSAC first. They will probably offer you another administration date. Im sorry this happened to you. I"m pretty sure this take will be invalidated if you decide to take another administration that they offer

• TheLSATerTheLSATer Alum Member
    137 karma

Thank you. I plan on calling them first thing in the morning.

• OneFortyDotSixOneFortyDotSix Alum Member
    634 karma

Unless you are confident the unfinished section was experimental (check the powerscore blog to determine this - here: https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewtopic.php?t=16485), AND that your performance was not otherwise affected by cold or by the proctor's mistakes, I would absolutely report to LSAC to have it cancelled and to take a retest. I believe they are running a second unreleased February LSAT in Michigan due to the inclement weather this last weekend. Pure speculation but maybe they'll offer the same test for cases like this?