Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best way to utilize time before June?

amatthews304amatthews304 Alum Member
edited March 2018 in General 215 karma

Hey y'all. Hoping to get a few people's opinions on how I should utilize the next 3 months prior to sitting for the June exam.
A little background first: I sat for the September17 exam after self-studying with the Kaplan books for a few months. I was PTing all over the 160s prior to the exam but ended up scoring a 160 on the real thing. I did alright on the LG and LR sections but got killed on the RC section which was already my most volatile section.

I started studying with 7Sage in December (and got a new diagnostic of 162 after not studying for a few months... sigh) and have made my way through the CC and am currently fool-proofing LG and already seeing some improvement! So here's my predicament. I work full-time and share responsibility with my parents helping out my brother. AKA I'm busy like a lot of other people are. My current strategy for fool-proofing is doing one new PT of games per day (studying 6 days per week). At this rate I should be winding down the FPing in the beginning of April and then I can do a little RC and LR review before hitting PTs until June.

My problem is that this way I really only have time to do LR and RC problems on the weekends and even that can be exhausting. I currently average around -5 per sections so I don't have any immediate stand-out weaknesses other than my RC scores have always been all over the board. For this reason I'm afraid to spend so much time devoted to LG without really giving the other sections much attention. I'm trying to decide if I should extend the FP process by a doing fewer new games each day so I also have time to hit a RC passage and a few LR questions each night. If I do this I won't finish FPing until late April and then I'll only have a little over a month to PT. Prior to taking the September test I probably took around 10 PTs so I'm not totally unfamiliar with the timing of the test, but I'm worried about only doing 5-6 PTs before the real thing.

Oh, and I recently got accepted into the Peace Corps! Which is very exciting! But also means the June test is my only option before I leave.

Edit:: Also my goal is high 160s

Comments

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

I would print out the LR problem sets by type and work on those and really figure out where your weaknesses are. I started doing this and immediately improved quite a bit. I'm taking it in June again as well and was already accepted into law school but more scholarship money is in the horizon.

Keep at it!! you got this