Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Priority Deadline

mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
in General 891 karma

I just discovered a school I want to apply to but I’m a bit pst their priority deadline. It was March 1 and today is March 9. What should I do? Their regular/ full stop deadline is a few months away but of course I plan on submitting this ASAP. What does applying past priority mean?

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

It means you are at a disadvantage. They assume everyone has already applied by the deadline. So maybe they have accepted a person they would have preferred to take you over. Theredore, maybe they reject you or waitlist you when they would have accepted you.

It also means their scholarship funds could be drying up. So if you get less scholarship money than you expect then you need to consider refusing, waiting a cycle, and reapplying at the very begining of the cycle.
    Use law school numbers to guess what is reasonable for scholarships at your numbers at your school.

People who apply late are accepted and wind up getting reasonable deals every year, but the school admits there is a chance you won't get the same consideration as someone who applied earlier.