LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
edited April 2018 in General 1028 karma

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

Do you like Kansas City or the Twin Cities better? I imagine with Minnesota you are trading off some likelihood of ending up in Kansas City for an increased chance of ending up in the Twin Cities.

I'd rather live in Minnesota, so I think I would go with Minnesota. St. Louis felt too southern to me. But, don't worry so much about the place you are living as the place you are most likely to end up.

It sounds like a torturous decision though especially if you are leaning toward Minnesota since WUSTL has the prettier law school by miles.

As far as clerking it seemed to me when I talked to the Dean that WUSTL will try really hard to land a clerkship for as many people as they possibly can. She really believes in it and is willing to call judges herself.

Good luck!

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    edited April 2018 1028 karma

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

WUSTL due to better employment numbers and more importantly due to a prettier campus. I would prefer the BigLaw prospects of WUSTL and even if UMN has a friendly campus, I"m sure the students in WUSTL weren't necessarily vicious. Three years spent in WUSTL should be more resourceful to you and the marginal "nice, friendly feel" of UMN shouldn't offset the long lasting employment outcomes and pedigree that WUSTL can provide.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

Definitely KC or bust tells me WUSTL is probably right for you. You could browse firm bios in KC or call and ask which they would prefer.

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    edited April 2018 1028 karma

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@LastLSAT said:
    @westcoastbestcoast @"Seeking Perfection" Thanks for keeping me focused on the tangible factors. Sometimes it's too easy to get caught up in the "feel" of a school, especially when just deciding between two wonderful backup options.

I'll be putting down my WUSTL deposit, just for the sake of the extra security the degree would provide if my top choices don't pan out.

Great choice. I'm sure You will grow to love wustl even more. I heard st Louis is amazing and the campus dining option is top notch as well

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I assume if you have strong connections you'll get a BigLaw job in KC coming from either school as they are similarly ranked. I'd pick the one that you feel more comfortable with, that you feel will foster your education better as a future lawyer. Numbers between those schools are probably similar enough that you won't see a huge difference in opportunities