Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crickets from NYU

mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
in General 891 karma

I applied to NYU pretty close to their deadline and sent an update re my Feb. Score. I literally haven't heard a peep out of them since the confirmation email that you receive right after sending in the application. To top it off, I went to their website today and clicked on the "status check" link and got an error message. I only tried it a couple of times this morning so maybe it's crashing due to checks but has anyone else had this issue? I know I submitted close to their deadline, but that was a while ago and I haven't even gotten an email saying my application is "complete", which I have already gotten from all other schools.

Comments

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    edited April 2018 1028 karma

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

@LastLSAT said:
    I submitted on the deadline and have been under review since the second week of Feb.

Maybe give them a call to make sure they received your file OK?

Did you get an email or did you go in and check your status ?

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    edited April 2018 1028 karma

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

I would contact them immediately.

I got an e-mail from them a few weeks ago saying my application was still under review.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

I actually just got a call from NYU saying I was admitted...

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

@mcglz_64 I would give a call to confirm. Hopefully you hear some good news soon!

@"Paul Caint" congrats on the acceptance and what seems like a great cycle so far! Thanks for sharing all the good news. It helps with keeping my LSAT motivation up :smile:

891 karma

So I just checked it again and can see now the application has been under review for about a month...sighs.

• Raphael RiveraRaphael Rivera Alum Member
    176 karma

I applied the first week that applications OPENED and have not heard anything

891 karma

Is it possible that those who got the email to “hang on” are those who will be admitted and those who didn’t get it won’t be admitted?

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@mcglz_64 said:
    Is it possible that those who got the email to “hang on” are those who will be admitted and those who didn’t get it won’t be admitted?

I think they just send it after a certain period of time after going complete. They promise to try to get decisions in a certain periods of time so it is basically an apology for being slow. I don't think it says anything about whether you will be accepted.