Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

At what point do I stop doing CC and switch to PTs, given that the test is approaching fast?

testfromawaytestfromaway Alum Member
edited April 2018 in June 2018 LSAT 280 karma

My test is June 24th, exactly 2 months from now. I was late to the party in starting CC (because figuring out internet connectivity in my rural SE Asia location has been hard), and I'm currently 45% of the way through. Before starting the CC, I read all the PS Bible for LG. My RC score has swung around a bit, it's not as high as I'd like (I started at a -2, and then I dipped a bit, and I'm hoping to get back towards -2). LR was where I was weakest pre-CC, and I do feel like I've learned a lot from JY. My LG still isn't at that sweet, sweet -0 I'm aiming for, but idk if CC will get me there any faster than practice.

Should I quit spending time watching the CC videos and just move on to PTs and BR? Should I power through the other 50 hours I have left of it and then PT like crazy with one month to go before the test? What should be my game plan here?

It's worth noting that I'm working full time in a foreign country right now, so there's a lot of demands on my time and energy that are not LSAT related. I can't move faster than I am on studying because even giving 3-4 hours a day to the LSAT is a LOT alongside full-time teaching and community integration and long-term projects.

Also worth noting that I'm aiming to get a 173+, and I was PTing around 166-168 before I halted testing to do the CC.

Tell me how to live my life, please
  1. Quit CC when you finish the LR bit and PT and BR like crazy14 votes
    1. Slow down on CC and toss in a weekly PT
      21.43%
    2. Finish CC and PT after you're done
      78.57%

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited April 2018 4423 karma

Make sure you are doing a thorough blind review on any PTs you do otherwise in my experience they are really mostly only going to help with timing.

You said logic games isn't quite at a -0. Where is it? If it is -3 or more I would try to spend some of the remaining time foolproofing and mix that in with the CC. At a minimum foolproof the games in the CC. https://7sage.com/how-to-get-a-perfect-score-on-the-logic-games/

I would only aim for about 3 more PTs. Maybe 2 two weekends before the LSAT and one the weekend before. I would spend thpse weeks thoroughly blind revkewing those PTs, foolproofing their games, and then normally reviewing all the questions you missed or were uncertain on.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself for this take. If you fall a little short it could be a blessing. You can always study for a September retake and use the intervening time to study more thoroughly than you can right now. Last February I was aiming for a 173+, got a 172 and then retook in September for a 180.

• testfromawaytestfromaway Alum Member
    edited April 2018 280 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

Don't put too much pressure on yourself for this take. If you fall a little short it could be a blessing. You can always study for a September retake and use the intervening time to study more thoroughly than you can right now. Last February I was aiming for a 173+, got a 172 and then retook in September for a 180.

Unfortunately, I literally cannot take in September unless this time goes super, super sideways. There are not tests offered in the country where I live, and going to a different country to take the exam is expensive and requires that I request off from work. My limited personal days are already being eaten up by going to a different country for this June test, and I may not have any left by September. If I score something so far below what I'm capable of that I'm filled with shame, I'll borrow money for a September test, airfare, and hotel stay, but otherwise: this is it.

(It's also not an option financially to put off applying for a cycle, unless, again, all hell breaks loose. When I move back to the U.S. from where I'm living now, I need to move to the city where I'll be going to school. To have to move twice is extraordinarily, possibly prohibitively, expensive. A lot of different pressures going on here from the general LSAT taker, I think)

I took a PT yesterday and I'm doing BR today. I missed a WHOLE GAME due to time. I had foolproofed games before starting CC, but I let CC be my sole focus for the past month and a half and I think I lost a lot of the LG muscle I built up. If I can repair that LG score in time for the exam, I'll feel much better, but obviously I've got a lesson to learn about focusing on one section at a time and neglecting continuing with practice in other directions.

It's good to know that sheer volume of PTs won't get me where I need to be, and I'll definitely keep my eyes on quality over quantity.