Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is four months enough to study for the LSAT?

legallyspoonielegallyspoonie Free Trial Member

I am considering on registering for the September LSAT. Considering on purchasing the three month course from 7Sage. Would this be worth trying including previous materials I have?

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

How much background do you have in the LSAT? Yes, I totally endorse the courses on here and numerous other threads have more information on the benefits.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Hi there! I think it depends on where you are at and where you are trying to end up. Do you have a diagnostic score and a goal score? If you're not too far apart, then yes you might be able to make it. But if you're 10 points away from your goal, then likely not. You could always begin with the Starter course and then if you decide you need more time, either extend it or upgrade. (There's a discrepancy in the length of the course if you buy a longer one outright vs upgrading, but if you nicely ask the admins, they are known to add in the missing months when you upgrade :))

(Also, I'm guessing you are a spoonie? Hi from another one :))

• legallyspoonielegallyspoonie Free Trial Member
    15 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    Hi there! I think it depends on where you are at and where you are trying to end up. Do you have a diagnostic score and a goal score? If you're not too far apart, then yes you might be able to make it. But if you're 10 points away from your goal, then likely not. You could always begin with the Starter course and then if you decide you need more time, either extend it or upgrade. (There's a discrepancy in the length of the course if you buy a longer one outright vs upgrading, but if you nicely ask the admins, they are known to add in the missing months when you upgrade :))

(Also, I'm guessing you are a spoonie? Hi from another one :))

Got 138 June 2017, fine because it was my first time. Unfortunately, I did worse my second try in February, part of which I believe that I was grieving the loss of my puppy, despite having studied for months.

My goal score is 150, I do want to make it to the median of the law school I would like to go to, despite having a decent undergraduate GPA.

Yes, I am a spoonie. I have cerebral palsy!

• m.c lshopefulm.c lshopeful Alum Member
    614 karma

i used the starter course to improve from my diagnostic of 150 in September to a 164 on the December LSAT and eventually to a 172 on the february LSAT.

i've said it in many threads, but the LR learning materials in the core curriculum are by far the best available. you can learn LG for free through youtube or other materials and RC is something you can learn but it is hard to teach.... LR is the hardest section to find great materials to learn from in my experience and the 7sage core curriculum is the best.

• legallyspoonielegallyspoonie Free Trial Member
    15 karma

@"mickey.caleb" said:
    i used the starter course to improve from my diagnostic of 150 in September to a 164 on the December LSAT and eventually to a 172 on the february LSAT.

i've said it in many threads, but the LR learning materials in the core curriculum are by far the best available. you can learn LG for free through youtube or other materials and RC is something you can learn but it is hard to teach.... LR is the hardest section to find great materials to learn from in my experience and the 7sage core curriculum is the best.

where do I find the core curriculum? My best is LG and my worst is RC. I do decent with LR, but not the best

• m.c lshopefulm.c lshopeful Alum Member
    614 karma

The core curriculum is included with any package you buy from 7sage. I bought the starter package just to get access to the core curriculum.