Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When fool proofing, do you watch the game then try to remember all the inferences or

booyboobooyboo Alum Member
in Logic Games 36 karma

Or do you write the inferences down along with JY while he does it in the video, then try to recreate them on the next copie?

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited May 2018 3652 karma

Retake the game along with JY. Watch the rules/initial game board set up. Pause the video. Try to figure out the inferences yourself. Play the video, figure out what inferences you missed. Pause the video, draw out any possible worlds. Play the video, figure out what you missed. Etc. At no point should you be trying to memorize inferences, no benefit to that.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

I would start the video, see if I could do the game board, then play and see if I did it correctly. Then pause and try to make my own inferences, and then play and see if I got that right. Give yourself a chance to figure it out after the first couple videos.

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    788 karma

Definitely not memorizing. Watch his setup, and as soon as he makes a choice that you didn't, pause to the video and see how far you can take it from that new position. If it's a game that really threw me, I like to have a second clean copy ready to go. There's a good chance he'll help make something click for me, and I want to be able to go through the whole game as soon as that happens. The more games you FP the less often you'll need everything explained - often just the board and a question or three.