Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Analysis of recorded PT.

ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
edited May 2018 in General 513 karma

Okay so I scored a 162 on PT 71 and 178 on BR.

Stats:
-6 S1
-0 BR S1

After recording, I noticed something alarming. On LR Section one I spent:

13:47 on just 4 of the hardest questions (I got all right)
6:15 on the 6 questions I got wrong.

All of the questions I got wrong I spent around a minute on each. I spent very little time on the questions I got wrong that I didn't think were hard and much more time on the perceived hard questions.

You guys need to record yourself taking PT's to see where you're sinking time and maybe not spending enough time.

Does anyone have any more tips for recording? What to look for? How to tweak my strategy?

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

I don't know if you've seen J.Y.'s timing sheet of PT83 but I make the same one each time.

https://imgur.com/YPQJDb9

Here I decided to skip Q4 after spending 35 seconds, which was a right move. But I spent way too much time on Q6.

If you are spending more than 30 seconds on Main Point/Main Conclusion questions, you should drill those questions until you can get them under 30 seconds. Also, SA/PSA questions should be your freebies.

J.Y. doesn't make mistakes, so he doesn't have overconfidence/underconfidence columns, but mine keeps track of that:
    https://imgur.com/hWe6jOV

Although I did not make any mistakes on this page, there were huge strategic errors: I circled too many and wasted time (90 seconds) in the round 2. On this page, I didn't change the answers. I spent 1.5 minute just to confirm the answers and was not able to go back to the questions I really should have gone back to.

In this section, I only made one overconfidence error, and there were 6 under-confidence questions where I wasted my time.

In a section right after this, I changed my strategy and made a limit to the number of questions I can circle.