Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URGENT**** I think my photograph violates one of the requirements, what should I do?

Hi Everyone,

I am registered for the June test. I was just reading the email they sent us on May 11 more closely, and I noticed that the photograph must be taken 6 months ago. I uploaded the photo around August of last year I think, so more than 6 months ago. The photo complies with all other requirements. My face also hasn't changed at all since then, no weight gain/loss, same beard, etc. I am looking at the admission ticket and my online registration, and no where does it indicate when I uploaded the photo. So, based on these, I really don't know how the test center supervisors could find out. Should I just let it go? Or should I contact LSAC? I am afraid they would not allow me to re-upload it, especially since they sent us the email like two weeks before the deadline for uploading the photo. I am a dumbass! :(

Comments

• I wanna sleepI wanna sleep Member
    edited June 2018 77 karma

I read a couple forums online, and it seems that LSAC makes the photograph requirements seem more strict than they are. As long as the photo looks like a passport photo and looks like me, it should be fine. The 6 months requirements is most likely there to emphasize that the photo must be recent, 6 or 9 months don't really make such a difference. Man this freaked me out more than my recent LSAT scores haha.

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

Still might want to call, just to make sure. Nothing more unpleasant than being rejected on the D-Day.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I wouldn't call. There is no way for them to find out on site that the photograph was taken earlier. Calling and getting told you can't take it would be the only way this could possibly stop you from taking the test.

They just want it to be recognizable.

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

if it looks like you and you don't have sunglasses on or someone else in the picture I think you'll be fine. I had a beard in my picture and showed up clean shaven on test day and they let me in.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

As long as you look similar to the picture, no drastic changes to your face or appearance, you'll be fine. There's no way they'll know that the picture is from a year ago as opposed to 6 months ago. They only look at the photo for 5 seconds and then see your face to make sure it's the same person.

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

You should be fine, especially if you look the same. I'm sketched out because I have grown a beard since my photo. I'm brining two forms of ID to the test center, and am going to have a razor in my car just in case lol.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

I freaked out a little recently when I realized I had trimmed my hair a little since I uploaded the photo. Nothing drastic at all, though. I even postponed getting new glasses so I have the same pair I had on in the photo! LOL.
    I think folks here are right. It's like a 2" photo. Are they really gonna notice tiny stuff like my layers being a litter shorter? Seriously doubtful. It looks like me. That's all that matters.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I think they just say that because they want it to be a recent photo. If your appearance hasn’t drastically changed, I think you’re fine. (Honestly, I think mines a little older han 6 months too but I forgot to switch it out, whoops!) I really doubt you’ll have any problem.