Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Articles and Documentaries

samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
in General 1777 karma

I've heard that reading the NY Times, National Geographic, and The Economist can help you get better at reading LSAT passages-- especially if you find them to be particularly boring. Are there any other magazines/newspapers or documentaries that people have found useful to develop a basic understanding of anthropology, archeology, etc?

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

Reading in general does help, but nothing helps more than familiarization with RC passages themselves.

To that end, consider looking at the acknowledgments on the last couple of pages of each PT. Here we can find the sources of the LSAT's material. And because I took it recently and was very excited to see it: please consider reading Thomas Sowell's "The Quest for Cosmic Justice," RC passages adapted from this work appear on a more recent exam.

David

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

Unless you have thoroughly used up all the PTs (and even then you can always go back through them) I think they are probably usually the best source to practice with.

You don't need to be familiar with anthropology or archeology unless you want to. Everything you need is always in the passage. Outside information is helpful if it helps you make connections and stay interested and bad if thinking about it distracts you during the test.

Therefore, I would recommend that if you do any outside reading to help with the LSAT you pick something that while dry or dense is something you definitely want to learn more about. It is the skill not knowledge that you need to build. But if you are going to pick up knowledge on the way it might as well be interesting to you.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

@BinghamtonDave thank you!!