Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Plan

niki2018niki2018 Member
in General 54 karma

Hi,
I finished a course with PowerScore a week ago and after coming across 7 Sage video explanaitions I decided to enroll in this course to help me with the remainder of my prep. (Currently I am studying full-time and am planning to write the September LSAT. my average PT score is 154)

I was wondering if you have any recommendations about what study plan I should follow in these 3 months given that I have already studied PowerScore's core curriculum?

I have started writing 2 PTs a week and have started doing blind reviews after each PT. but one instructor told me that I should only write one PT a week since more than that would be a waste of PTs. Is that true?

Comments

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    782 karma

Hi there!

As for PT's, I would say two at the absolute max. I did one full PT on weekends and one much earlier PT (from the 50ish range) as a one section/day PT. So two per week, but not both in one setting. I think the biggest benefit to that strategy is your BR time for a section is short enough that your concentration/focus doesn't wane before you're done enabling you to maximize what you learn from each timed section.

As for study plan, I think a solid structure is

1) Do the entire core curriculum
    2) Fool Proof LG's from PT's 1-35 (and beyond when you're done)
    3) After 1-35 LG start doing timed sections. If your score/section is sort of in your target range, then do some full PT's. If you're missing 3-5+ questions in LR or RC more than your goal, then stick to just sections from earlier tests for a while. It's okay to even do them untimed for a while and really start to flex your fundamentals & process muscles at a slower pace.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

Hey, and welcome!

So to get a better sense of things, I think it would be good to know your target and average BR scores. If you're aiming for mid 150's with a 170 BR, then yeah, a couple PT's a week with BR is likely fine. If you're aiming for 170 with a 160 BR, then your path looks very, very different.