Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic Games Fluctuation

OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
edited June 2018 in Logic Games 2531 karma

I have finished fool-proofing the first 20 games in the set but I regularly come across games that give me problems. I have improved, don't get me wrong, but my scores on full sections are still wildly inconsistent. My best section ever I was able to get -2 and finish all of the games in time, but just yesterday I got a -7 on a full section. Is this type of variance normal for someone who has fool-proofed around 20 games or should I restart from game 1?

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

Yes. From my experience this is normal.

What fool proofing is going to do for you is narrow the difference between your good days and your bad days. With continued fool proofing you will start to see the good days being -0/-1 and the bad days being -2/-3. This is because through the fool proofing process, we become more and more familiar with the framework within which the games operate, how general inferences carry over and how we can process game specific inferences. Fool proofing also helps us in knowing when to split etc.

Fool proofing solves a majority of issues on our way to getting a great LG score come test day. The next hurdle we are going to face is our approach to sections. When to skip a question? When to skip a game and then return after collecting the remainder of the points on the section? What time should we be reading on our wristwatches when we finish the second game? These are all questions and “sweet spots” we are going to be hitting when we get more and more sections under our belts.

For only finishing the first 20 games you are far ahead of where I was!

Best of luck moving forward, I hope this post helps

David

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

@BinghamtonDave Thanks David, I appreciate the feedback and reassurance