Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was your point increase from the first PT after curriculum until the first official LSAT?

NGLaw2018NGLaw2018 Alum Member
in General 11 karma

What was your point increase from the first PT after curriculum until the first official LSAT? I am wondering what kind of point increase I can expect if I take 30 PTs and my first PT after completing the curriculum was a 158. Did anyone see any big improvements via taking practice tests and doing blind reviews of them?

Comments

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

my average pt score increased by 8-9 pts from my first post-cc pt to my 21st pt. my peak score was 13 pts higher than post-cc pt.

• NGLaw2018NGLaw2018 Alum Member
    11 karma

Thanks - did you do anything other than do Prep Tests, blind review to understand and correct and then do another PT, and so on? In other words, should I be going back through lessons in the curriculum or does my method of taking PTs and then BRing match what your approach was? Congrats on your results - I would be very happy to see an 8-9 point improvement.

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    edited June 2018 503 karma

@NGLaw2018

Yeah in addition to PTs twice a week I also foolproofed logic games daily and did timed sections in between my PTs. I also did targeted drills when certain problem types became problem areas.

edit: Also I don't think it's unreasonable to aim for more than 8-9 points of improvement. I definitely still have 3-4 points that I leave on the table each PT via reading errors and bad LG/RC inferences.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I'd say about 9-10 points improvement for me.

There's lots of things you can do besides just PTs. I highly highly recommend you watch this webinar video: https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/

Most people do a mixture of things like timed sections (not full tests, just an individual section then BR), foolproofing, confidence drills, drilling by question type, and then intermittently returning to the cc as needed. I recommend only doing a full PT once per week. They are really more of a tool to gauge your progress. The learning happens during BR but also in focused working on various parts of the test. The webinar above will give you a lot of great guidance.