Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking Advice/Review on "Why X School?" Essay for Various Schools

AlessioMatteoAlessioMatteo Free Trial Member
edited July 2018 in Law School Admissions 42 karma

Hello all,

I was looking for another person to review with/give advice on "Why X School?" statements. At this time I have written two "Why X School?" essays as I've heard that they can be a beneficial component for certain schools.

I tended to emphasize aspects such as regional ties, collegial environment, and programs/student organizations which support my broader career goal. I then showed how these aspects complimented my career goal and would make the school a good fit.

Does this seem to fall in line with what a "Why X?" essay could reasonably include? Would love to get some feedback on what I wrote here or by reviewing essays with another.

Thanks all,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Comments

• LSATStudent780LSATStudent780 Alum Member
    102 karma

I was wondering where you are seeing the applications and essay prompts. Every time I log into LSAC, it seems to only show the applications for Fall 2018, but not Fall 2019. When would we see the Fall 2019 applications or how do we work ahead?

• AlessioMatteoAlessioMatteo Free Trial Member
    42 karma

I don't believe at least for the schools I've marked for my cycle that specific prompts are available.

They usually do include specific prompts as other options, but a "Why X?" essay is often one of them, or not even directly requested by certain schools, but still welcome to demonstrate your interest and why the school would be a good fit.

• AlessioMatteoAlessioMatteo Free Trial Member
    42 karma

Still looking if by chance someone happens to be in a similar situation.