Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recording PT's Issues [Solved]

OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
edited June 2018 in Technical Problems 2531 karma

For anyone who has taken a video of themselves doing a time LSAT, how do you transfer such a large file from your phone to your computer so that you can view the footage in detail? I tried uploading to YouTube but it's forcing it to be 240p since it's such a large file.

Anyone have a better method for iPhone?

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

For anyone who is in the same situation or is considering recording their pts on an iphone, make sure that you convert the video to a horizontal mode. If you record vertical and try to upload that way it will get all messed up. You can change from vertical to horizontal by altering the folder in imovie. Once you have done this, air drop the file to your mac computer (if you have one). That's the only solution that i've found so far.

• LivingThatLSATdreamLivingThatLSATdream Alum Member
    500 karma

When I record, I stop and start between sections so that there are four smaller files. When the video proctor says "put your pencils down", I click the record button twice, reset my watch and turn the page. I find that there is enough time for this, but if your phone or recording device is farther away maybe it's not possible. I use airdrop from my phone to my computer.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

I know the post is labelled as "solved," but if anybody else attempts to transfer videos from an iPhone to a Mac, Image Capture (per-installed on Mac) is a great application.