Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Difference between 3 and 4 takes?

CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
in General 1270 karma

I took the past Dec and Feb test to squeeze into this past cycle. Did ok but knew I left so many points and law schools on the table.

I decided to retake the LSAT in July. I feel waaaay more prepared this time. However, because full refunds are offered to July takers who keep their scores, I decided to sign up for the Sept LSAT as insurance. It was only intended as insurance for if something weird happened on my July LSAT day, I'd have another option to take it and still apply early. If July went well, then I'd just cancel Sept and get a full refund (not just the $50).

But knowing even a difference of 2 extra points could have a huge impact of schools and financial aid, I'm now just thinking of taking it in regardless of what happens in July (although a 172 or higher I would cancel). This would mean taking it a 4th time vs. a 3rd time. However, at this point I don't think there is a real difference, especially if I could do better. Am I wrong to think this? Thanks.

Comments

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

There really is not enough data in order to make a determination as to the impacts of a fourth take. On one hand, it could indicate a significant degree of determination. On the other it could signify poor decision making.

My opinion is that it is much more of the former than the latter. But learn from your previous mishaps. What went wrong in Dec and Feb? Were you habits off? Was there a specific question type you missed (in december)? Do some serious introspection and see if you can find anything put you in a position to have to retake. But on top of that, do what you can to make sure that the last time you take it is your last. It is somewhat risky to take it four times. If you are worried about being late, don't. As long as you get your stuff in before adcomms leave for XMas break you good.