Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Notify schools if taking an lsat after applications

ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
in General 905 karma

With regards to Canadian Law schools should you let the schools know you are also taking the nov lsat if the deadline to apply is November 1st. Or will they be able to see that you are registered to take it . Thank you

Comments

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

To elaborate can they review your file before your November score even if they say they consider the November lsat and base their decision off of that ?

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

Since applications are due Nov 1st (typically), can you take the LSAT in November?

905 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" said:
    Since applications are due Nov 1st (typically), can you take the LSAT in November?

Yeah if the school will accept it . They used to take the December lsat. Because the December is now the November- it’s kind of a timeline game changer if you think about it .

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

@ebalde1234 said:

Yeah if the school will accept it . They used to take the December lsat. Because the December is now the November- it’s kind of a timeline game changer if you think about it .

Haha! I have it on my to-do list to contact some schools about this today! Share whatever you uncover, and I’ll let you guys know what responses I get.

905 karma

@"paulmv.benthem" said:

@ebalde1234 said:

Haha! I have it on my to-do list to contact some schools about this today! Share whatever you uncover, and I’ll let you guys know what responses I get.

On Ottawa’s website they said that there is potential they may evaluate whatever score they get their hands on (paraphrasing ) ... for windsor I have seen people saying the file is constantly evaluated. If I’m able to get ahold of some of the schools I will post the findings here .

905 karma

Windsor did email me back and tell me that they will take the November exam but like I said just because the school says they’ll take the latest one doesn’t guarantee that they will look at it in their final decision (my reasoning ) . Called uwindsor they were out of the office. I will email them.

905 karma

Based on Lakeheads website it appears that they will evaluate all scores and take the highest - it says the score reports that get reported to them is what they will evaluate. I will be emailing uwindsor , Lakehead and Ottawa.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

Wowzers, @ebalde1234 , you move quick. The only Canadian schools I'm anticipating applying are UofT/Osgoode/UVic/Dalhousie...So, I'll let you know what their responses are.

905 karma

@"paulmv.benthem" said:
    Wowzers, @ebalde1234 , you move quick. The only Canadian schools I'm anticipating applying are UofT/Osgoode/UVic/Dalhousie...So, I'll let you know what their responses are.

Hahaha gotta be 2steps ahead, I’ll pm you with any updates

edited July 2018 905 karma

Update uwindsor said they will look at all lsat scores even if scores are pending , providing the latest one is November lsat for single jd 2ndupdate Ottawa has said the same thing as uwindsor (but not sure why on their site they said they would evaluate based on the score they had as opposed to waiting in some cases ) . 3rd and final update Lakehead confirmed the above and said they will also look at jan 2019 lsat score .

• PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

Some schools like UBC even take Feb!! Or I guess January...

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I generally think it is a good idea to let any school know, both US and Canada, that you plan on taking a test after you apply. If they find out the hard way, they won't be pleased.

For example, Stanford emailed me and weren't happy that I was taking Feb...which could be why they waitlisted me...

905 karma

@JustDoIt said:
    I generally think it is a good idea to let any school know, both US and Canada, that you plan on taking a test after you apply. If they find out the hard way, they won't be pleased.

For example, Stanford emailed me and weren't happy that I was taking Feb...which could be why they waitlisted me...

Because they assumed you were trying to get into other schools?

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I think so but also because they say they explicitly don't accept Feb LSAT and wanted to make sure that I wasn't using that to try and get in...even though I already tell them that I wasn't