Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Displayed score after taking an LSAT Flex

Just took my first LSAT after I started studying. Since I will be taking the Flex in November, I felt taking a PT as close to possible as how it will be on test day made the most sense. So I clicked the Flex option. At the end, the score displayed seemed based on the number wrong in a 4-section test, and not a predicted score. It also recorded my score as if I had done the extra LR section. Is there a way to change this? I want a more accurate record and to not get overly excited at the end of the test.

Comments

• Theo - Student ServiceTheo - Student Service Member Moderator Student Services
    850 karma

Hi there,

The scaled scores generated from Flex mode use the same methodology as our Flex Score Convertor which is based on having the same raw to scaled conversion table, but scored as though there was only one LR section (one half of the usual amount) with the raw score scaled up to account for reduction in number of questions. Because no one outside of LSAC knows how the scoring will actually be done, this is just an educated guess.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

• WouldRatherBeEatingWouldRatherBeEating Alum Member
    456 karma

Try changing the exam to a paper version and score it that way. It might fix any glitches. That said, it could just be the exam. My first two flex PTs were my highest scores despite getting a normal number wrong, but that seems to have just been an attribute of those particular PTs as my later PTs were more of what I would expect for the number wrong.

• willcj343willcj343 Member
    24 karma

Yeah I've actually since realized that using the generic Flex score converter just gave a different score from what you get if you convert the raw score and find the scaled score from that instead. Thanks for the help!