Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice

sally mhrsally mhr Free Trial Member

I have been studying for the LSAT a month now (10 hours + per day) and I am going to take the test Sep 8th.

I already build the fundamentals for all sections (with practice questions for each of course) but I only took one full PT for diagnostic. I still feel I need more practice on assumption type questions and RC. I was thinking to start hitting PT after I am done with building the skills and the fundamentals (which will be July 22). Do you think that's a good idea? and will i have enough time to practice more questions until Sep 8?

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

I think you should start taking timed PTs. I took around 13 and I regret not taking more.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I think you should take a PT and see where you are at. You can always do more drills. Also, you will likely always feel like you need more practice. Taking a PT to at least see where you are at will allow you to get a much broader picture of things.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

1) PLEASE do not study 10+ hours per day. Burnout is so real, and everyone thinks it's easy to avoid until it happens. You're already done with the CC, so there's no reason to do that much work anyway. You really need at least one day off (preferably two days off) a week to maintain your sanity and actually retain information. Think of it like lifting weights. You can't just do leg day every day and expect to get stronger. If you don't take a day off in between leg workouts, you won't actually build muscle. Your brain truly does need rest to remember things. This is a fact. I'm sure that 99% of 7sagers will agree that 10+ hours a day every day until September is not a good idea.

2) If you think you need more time to nail a question type, you might as well practice it before you PT. PTing is a great tool to use to build stamina, but learning how to get the questions right is more important right now.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" said:
    1) PLEASE do not study 10+ hours per day.

Yes I totally agree with this. It is not possible to sustain either.

• sally mhrsally mhr Free Trial Member
    24 karma

Thank you so much! This is very helpful. I was planning to do less once I start PT. I guess I will get one PT to see where I'm at now, then rest, the start PTing. Does that sound good?

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Yeah. Agree with the hours being too much. Burn out is legit. You're going along just fine, and it just hits you all of a sudden, and your brain goes "I'm out".

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I would say do a PT to see where you're at, use your BR to identify what you need to study, then study that stuff. When you feel more confident, PT again. And I'm so glad that you're open to the burnout idea! I'm so stubborn that I wasn't until I experienced it. I thought I was too motivated and hard-working to experience it. But it hits you out of nowhere. Seriously, even a weekend off can make a huge difference. Sometimes, I'll give myself two half-days off and one full day off, rather than two full days off. You'll find out what works best for you. Just make sure that you maintain a little bit of a social life, as this can actually prevent burnout and meltdowns.