Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to 7Sage.

kennedyaliukennedyaliu Free Trial Member
in General 9 karma

Hello everyone, I’m new to this page and would really need help.
I’m almost done my undergrad and I am really want to study Law. I am currently working my butts off to maintain a strong cgpa however I don’t know where to start in studying for the LSATs. Can anyone guide me as to where to begin?

Thank you.

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

Hey, welcome :)

Yes, keep working on maintaining a strong GPA! Although it's not as important as the LSAT, it does have a strong position to play in your application. Also, if you haven't already, try to figure out which professors you want to ask to write you a strong letter of recommendation. Preferably, a professor who can speak positively on your academic performance. The closer you apply to lawschool after graduating, the more an academic rec. matters.

As for which route to take for studying the LSAT, I believe it's always a good idea to self-study vs. taking a class online or in person. The LSAT is such a foreign exam and everyone has different aspects of it they need to focus on less or more. The best thing you can do, especially if you want a high score, is to individualize your prep and that's where self study courses such as 7sage come in handy. It's extremely cheap compared to other companies, all the packages come with the exact same curriculum which is great, and an added bonus is this forum. The 7sage community has a way of sifting out any negative energy and replacing it with positivity - something so important to be surrounded by especially when studying for such a grueling test. Whichever route you take, make sure to only do one thing at a time. If you go with 7sage for example, don't supplement/"compliment" the material with an outside book about the LSAT. It just causes confusion and eventual frustration. I wish you the best in your future endeavors and don't be a stranger! :)

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I recommend getting the starter pack from 7sage. It will walk you through the whole process. You don't want to waste time going down the wrong path or building any bad habits.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Welcome! I would also say that if you are a freshman or sophomore, the LSAT doesn't need to be your focus right now and you should continue your hard work with your GPA and get in some volunteer/work experience that you enjoy.

• kennedyaliukennedyaliu Free Trial Member
    9 karma

@Sprinkles said:

Yes, keep working on maintaining a strong GPA! Although it's not as important as the LSAT, it does have a strong position to play in your application. Also, if you haven't already, try to figure out which professors you want to ask to write you a strong letter of recommendation. Preferably, a professor who can speak positively on your academic performance. The closer you apply to lawschool after graduating, the more an academic rec. matters.

As for which route to take for studying the LSAT, I believe it's always a good idea to self-study vs. taking a class online or in person. The LSAT is such a foreign exam and everyone has different aspects of it they need to focus on less or more. The best thing you can do, especially if you want a high score, is to individualize your prep and that's where self study courses such as 7sage come in handy. It's extremely cheap compared to other companies, all the packages come with the exact same curriculum which is great, and an added bonus is this forum. The 7sage community has a way of sifting out any negative energy and replacing it with positivity - something so important to be surrounded by especially when studying for such a grueling test. Whichever route you take, make sure to only do one thing at a time. If you go with 7sage for example, don't supplement/"compliment" the material with an outside book about the LSAT. It just causes confusion and eventual frustration. I wish you the best in your future endeavors and don't be a stranger! :)

@Sprinkles said:

@Sprinkles said:

• kennedyaliukennedyaliu Free Trial Member
    9 karma

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma

@kennedyaliu said:
    Hello everyone, I’m new to this page and would really need help.
    I’m almost done my undergrad and I am really want to study Law. I am currently working my butts off to maintain a strong cgpa however I don’t know where to start in studying for the LSATs. Can anyone guide me as to where to begin?

Thank you.

Welcome! You can start by taking a practice test to see what the test is like - LSAC provides a free test on their website: https://www.lsac.org/docs/default-source/jd-docs/sampleptjune.pdf