Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retake mindset

How much do people actually improve in the last couple weeks?
I've been getting more comfortable and I genuinely feel like my PT scores (which have been stagnant for a while) are going to improve over these next few weeks but will it be enough? My average is a 161 but if I can just fix my LG issues then that alone would put me at about a 165. (I BR around a 170) And I still have a long ways to go with skipping and general time management.

Should I simmer my expectations? Or can people really jump 5 points in a matter of weeks.

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

You can find LSAC's data on retakers here https://www.lsac.org/docs/default-source/data-(lsac-resources)-docs/repeaterdata.pdf

I jumped 10 full points between June and July of this year but a large portion of that jump was underperforming June rather than true improvement. Although, I definitely did improve my RC during that time. However, I wouldn't have taken the test if my PT avg didn't match or outperform my goal score. You should not take the test hoping to outperform your PT avg.

LG is the most improvable section do I'd say you have a shot, but in general I'm pretty bearish on major improvement occurring in a matter of weeks and having a good enough day to hit that new average on test day.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

That's good advice! I think I have sooo much room for RC improvement. I'm going -6 on average but with BR I can easily go -1/-2. I'm positive I'm underperforming in LR as well but I obviously can't guarantee things will click for me in the next few weeks.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

I just want to be really clear. When I say I underperformed June, I mean that I scored way below my PT average, that is, way below where I had proven capable of.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Oh now I got it. Thank you for that clarification. All signs seem to be pointing to November for me. I may just have to take it in stride!