Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice

janelleengjanelleeng Alum Member
in General 154 karma

Hello all,

So, I've been talking to people about which law schools I'm thinking of applying to this fall. I mentioned Hofstra and New York law school because I live in NY. People were saying my chances of becoming an attorney and practicing law are very slim if I attend the tier 4 schools. I don't want to go into Big law and my ideal career goal is to be an assistant district attorney at a local DA's office. I'm thinking of these schools because with my stats, I feel that the scholarship would be pretty generous. Was anyone told the same thing? Does anyone know people who went to tier 4 law schools and had difficulty finding ADA or any small law firm positions? Thank you!

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

It’s pretty reasonable to shoot for a scholarship from a tier 2 or mid-low tier 1. What are your stats?

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    edited August 2018 4850 karma

Look at each school’s 509 and ABA Employment data. Those two data sources are much more reliable than “a guy who I know” tends to be.