Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post-BR Action Plan

Nabintou-1Nabintou-1 Alum Member
in General 410 karma

Hi all:

I'm curious to know how folks approach post-BR. Do you look for patterns (in your mistakes/wrong answers) in order to drill? Go over your mistakes once more before your next scheduled PT? Etc.

*Also, particularly interested in hearing from those who write out LR explanations during BR // how do you further implement this method into your studying?

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Great that you're asking these questions! I relied heavily on the 7sage analytics to help focus where I need to study. Since it not only takes into account which question types you get wrong, but also how frequently those types of questions show up on the LSAT, it's sooooo dang helpful. So that's a good place to start to take note of which question types to focus on.

Also after you BR, look for both over and under confidence errors. Which questions were you sure you had right, but were actually wrong? Important to look at those closely. Which ones did you spend a lot of time second guessing yourself when you already knew the right answer? Those are the questions that are killing your speed.

With that information, along with generally knowing which sections are your weakest/strongest, you can make a plan on how to drill. I did a lot of timed sections between PTs as well. Those are better once you're feeling really solid on your fundamentals though. Practicing in sections can help you with figuring out a skipping strategy to maximize your time as well as those over/under confidence errors. I personally didn't do the LR written explanations, so can't help you on that. But the BR should give you a lot of info on how to focus your time between PTs.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I second the use of the analytics tool!

• Nabintou-1Nabintou-1 Alum Member
    410 karma

Awesome! Thank YOU @"Leah M B" @MissChanandler

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

I use analytics definitely. I also see which questions I took too long on and drill those as well. Whether it's MP, NA, MSS; if you got it during BR but takes really long to do timed then drill 5-star level Q's to get faster.

I also look for patterns in different question types and answer choices that aren't really as obvious that gave me trouble. This could be misunderstanding the support structure, finding cookie-cutter structure, or seeing what answer choices that attract me have in common. Unleash your inner analytic basically.

I write out my reasoning and it's helpful. First of all, it helps me to be more confident during timed drills because I've reasoned out similar questions before. Second of all, writing out my reasoning for questions that gave me a lot of difficulty helps me make sure I don't have the same issues again. Things like misunderstanding something or reading with tunnel vision - which sometimes leads one to read what they want to read. By writing it out, I try to be more conscious of it next time.