Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test Center Unavailable!

natedawgnatedawg Alum Member
edited August 2018 in General 57 karma

Hey All,

I went to register for the November 2018 LSAT at a recommended location where I live and as it stands is is unavailable!

So, is it possible that a seat will become available again in the near future and I could register? Do people often drop? What are my chances of grabbing a seat at my preferred location? What can be done?

Please advise!

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

The options aren't great, unfortunately. Is there another location that's reasonably close that you could do instead?

Sometimes seats do open up later. However, it's a risk if you wait. The next closest locations could fill up too and you end up with only a really crappy option that's far away. LSAC only guarantees that you'll be able to take the test within a 100 mile radius.

If you're not phased by the money, you can register for the next best option and keep an eye on it to see if spots at your preferred location open up. If they do, then you could change the location of your test to that preferred one for a $125 change fee.

• natedawgnatedawg Alum Member
    57 karma

Hi @"Leah M B" ,

As it stands, I did go ahead and register for the next best option: a large urban hotel.
    I've read mixed experiences on writing at a hotel and would rather go with my first option at a local law school that is unavailable but has had consistent favorable reviews.

Would you (or fellow test-takers) happen to know about experiences with writing at a hotel? Additionally, what about the chances of a seat opening up at my preferred, but unavailable, test location?