Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I delay again?

Hi guys!

I planned on going straight to law school after graduating college which I just did in June. I was set to take the Sept 2017 exam so I could get in for this fall but postponed to this year's Sept exam. I already delayed once, should I delay again if I am not scoring where I want to be?

I still have not decided but I do not want to risk taking it in Nov and Jan as Jan may be considered late acceptance to some schools.

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

I dispense the following advice:
    -What is your goal score?
    -in your last 5 fully timed/ fresh PTs what was your average score?
    -is this average score within three points (plus or minus) of your goal score?

**If so, take this final week to do some drills, don't touch any fresh material and prepare for Saturday's exam. Save the fresh materials for a possible retake.
    **If not, then you are not where you should be pursuant to your goal score, at this point you have the following to weigh: take the exam for "practice," get used to the process of sitting for the exam, the test day nerves etc or withdraw and push back the date and don't risk having that score on your record. This is assuming that it is too late to get your money back from LSAC.

If you end up withdrawing: change your approach, less of the same, more different. The boards will be here to assist you in restructuring your study plans.

David
    The opinion expressed above is my own and is what I used when pushing back my own exam 2 separate times.

• Chrissy JimenezChrissy Jimenez Alum Member
    52 karma

@BinghamtonDave

Thanks for responding!

My goal score is a 165+ because my target school's median score is a 160. My last few PT's avg score was far below a 165. I studied last summer as well as this summer and it seems as if my scores heavily fluctuate, most of them being a lower score than the previous.

I really don't know if I should just sit for it just to get the experience and risk having a low score on my record. I spoke to my family about it and I get mixed feedback. My biggest issue is time, I am already taking a gap year and I do not plan on taking another because of a time constraint. Do schools see how many times you withdraw? This will be the 2nd time if I withdraw again.