Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

some thoughts about Harder logical reasoning question

JSJS Free Trial Member
edited August 2013 in Logical Reasoning 184 karma
Please first take a look at two really tough question PT53 sec1 Q16 and PT55-S1-Q21

For PT55-S1-Q21, it seems to be most supported question, but actually it turns out to be sufficient assumption question, which the correct answer build up the gap between "many people took certain action" and "everyone ought to take action".

For PT53 sec1 Q16, I think if LSAC change the question type to necessary assumption this one will become way easier. But instead of asking assumption, they just throw Must Be True question in front of you. That makes this question much harder.

For most of inference and most supported question, there is no argument. So we can just draw the conclusion or reference based on the stimulus. But for some special inference and most supported question, there did exist an argument, sometimes with terrible flaw or gap, and then the question require you to draw the inference, then the right answer choice about this type of inference about should be the choice that build up the gap.

This type of question is really tough cause it is counter-intuition and against our judgement about the question type. They turn inference question to be assumption question.

Any thoughts? comments?

Comments

• JSJS Free Trial Member
    edited August 2013 184 karma
    Also, I think Jon's explanation about PT55 S1 Q21 may be wrong. http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-55-section-1-question-21/
  • CJ ShinCJ Shin Free Trial Member
    edited August 2013 302 karma
    Yea I also got this question wrong and picked A, but still am uneasy why B is right.
    It seems to me that the nature of principle questions has slightly changed in the recent PTs. They seem to be hybrid MSS and PSA. I think we should be more focused on 1:1 matching with these questions.
  • JSJS Free Trial Member
    edited August 2013 184 karma
    @CJ Shin, you can look at my new comments. Any thoughts?
  • CJ ShinCJ Shin Free Trial Member
    302 karma
    I don't think Jon's explanation is wrong.
    We just gotta get used to the fact that the new Principle questions have slightly changed more towards being really uptight about specific words.
    For example, "generally" rules out all the answer choices with "one ought to blah blah."
  • JSJS Free Trial Member
    184 karma
    Jon's explanation is wrong for many layers.

First, for A it seems to be BP/-->C not BP--C/, I think he draw completely opposite map.

Second, he didn't catch the real reason about why A is wrong. A is wrong because it didn't do anything about the gap in the stimulus between "many people took certain action" and "everyone ought to take action".