Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For new-comers of 7sage

BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
edited September 2018 in General 1694 karma

I feel like it's important to have the right mindset and mentality when you start 7Sage. I believe JY talks about this in the early lessons as well, but here's another perspective:

Many people study for at least a year before they reach their target score. I've personally done the CC twice and also every single PT (wasted most of them before I joined 7Sage) before I consistently reached my target score. So don't be too eager to take the test or retake the test. Wait until your PT scores are consistently at your target score, or at least close to it, before you even think about the real test. Here's a headsup, your score will not miraculously jump up on the real test and hoping for such is crazy.

Additionally, 7Sage has a lot of depth to offer, so when you're studying, don't just do the questions and move on. Every time you make a mistake, spend at least 10 minutes writing out why you made the mistake and how to prevent yourself from doing so in the future. Then, watch JY's explanation and compare it to your own analysis. This is how a proper review should be done, on top of the Blind Review system (You HAVE to Blind Review for all your practice questions, if you want to improve. Break down every part of the stimulus, each answer choice, and write out why each wrong answer choice is wrong; refer to the Blind Review lesson for more details). If you're not doing this, then you're sincerely wasting questions. Sometimes, it takes me hours, even after hearing JY's explanation, of staring at a question before I understand it, and other times, I straight up disagree with JY and come up with my own explanations, but that's how I learn and insure I don't make the same mistakes again.

This is just tough love. I wish you all the best!

Comments