Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CAS service questions

Greetings 7sagers!

I am trying to figure out how LSAC's Credential Assembly Service (CAS) works. I know the gist of it is to make creating your law school admissions packages smoother, but I have questions about the logistics if I am applying to multiple schools.

For example, if I want a letter of recommendation from someone, what is that process. Does the recommender have to create an LSAC account? Does that letter go to all the schools that I am applying to?

I looking for some #help !!!

Thanks in advance for your responses!

-David

Comments

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

Hi David,

The entire LSAC website and CAS is really confusing in the beginning but once you spend some time with it you're golden. Basically you will assign recommenders on your LSAC account and they have the option of uploading the letter online or mailing it in with a form you provide them. I know the recommender has to create an account if they're uploading the letter online. I'm not sure if this is also the case if the letter is being mailed but my guess would be yes. You assign which letters are going to which schools. You can send the same letter to all schools or only certain schools you select. I suggest that you add your schools to your schools list and add your recommenders as well and everything will fall into place. Let me know if I can be of any help.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

Hey! So after you log in, scroll down to "Credential Assembly Service (CAS)". Click "Manage Letters of Recommendation", then "Add/Edit My Recommenders". You will need to ask your recommender for some personal information (name, address, phone number, email), and fill that in. LSAC will send an email to your recommender, asking him/her to finish up the process. Once the LSAC receives your letter, you will be able to assign the LOR to each school you want to send it to. So if you have a specific LOR you want sent to a school, you can do that. Also, some schools may only want 2 LORs, but you can have 3 ready to go for the schools who will take 3. The process is actually pretty easy, it just takes some figuring out.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

Oh, and you need to give them your LSAC number.

• drobinson1427drobinson1427 Live Member
    27 karma

Thanks to everyone! This is very helpful!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I printed the forms just in case.