Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stuck in mid-160s for over 2months

minguyen21minguyen21 Free Trial Member
edited September 2018 in General 12 karma

My score since June has been 161-165. During that time I went through the Trainer again (skimmed), did the Manhattan LR book, drilled individual sections time and untimed, foolproofed LG, and blind review everything I did. Today I took PT 67 and scored 164. What am I doing wrong and how should I approach my studying going forward? Many thanks!

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Find out if there's a particular question type that you are consistently getting wrong (or getting it wrong more often than the other types). Drill the heck out of it. After foolproofing, are you consistently going -3 or better on timed LG sections? If not, you should do a more thorough foolproofing.

Since you're on a 7sage forum, most people here will recommend the 7sage curriculum. It definitely helped me. I can understand not wanting to pay for another resource when you already have the trainer and the Manhattan book, but I would definitely think about trying at least the Starter course. When are you looking to take the LSAT?

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

Here's what I did when I was in your situation. I re-did the 7sage CC. Takes a long time (about 2 months), but it works. If you don't have time for it, maybe get a tutor to get some guided weakness recognition and practice.

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma

@Bamboosprout said:
    Here's what I did when I was in your situation. I re-did the 7sage CC. Takes a long time (about 2 months), but it works. If you don't have time for it, maybe get a tutor to get some guided weakness recognition and practice.

I can vouch for this advice. Even in the mid-160s there will be some fundamental skills that you can improve on. These are invaluable for speed and efficiency.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

Try out the 7sage curriculum. I can't say much about the material that you have listed, but this curriculum is going to help you break through plateaus.