Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study tips for retakers?

TeaLoverTeaLover Alum Member
edited October 2018 in General 151 karma

I scored ~6 points below my PT average so I will retake in November for sure, but right now I have no idea how to get prepared.
I got 156 in Sept. (RC -12; LR-11/-9; LG -1), but I was consistently scoring between 161-163 for the last 10 timed PTs. My average performance for each section is at -6 for LR, -0.4 for LG and -10.9 for RC. With that being said, I am aiming for 166 in Nov...is it possible?
RC is always my weakest section, and I feel I actually made no improvements since cold diagnosis ;-(. Can anyone give me some recommendations for extra reading materials? Reading for scale helped me a little bit, but I am still having trouble with science passages cuz I usually got lost with those professional terminologies.
At this point I don't know if I still need to focus on LG as improving from -1 to -0 probably results in no score increases anyways? And I am considering redo CC for LR but this seems to be a huge amount of work...is it worth the effort to redo CC? Or is there any good supplements for LR?

Any inputs are appreciated!

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

For RC: In my build to my last (hopefully) test, I literally did a timed RC section (test, BR, then review with JY's video) every day for a month. I fall into the "the best way to improve at something is to do that thing" camp. You risk burning a lot of tests that way (I mixed older, fresh RC sections (30's and 40's) with newer sections that I had taken as tests 6-12 months ago. By the end, I was starting to feel better about RC.

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think reading outside stuff (Economists, dense literature) is superior to actually practicing on real LSAT RC sections. YMMV.