Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind Review?

OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member

Hi all,

I was wondering what I should do when I get to the point in a section where I feel like I already completed my blind review. I am mostly asking this about LR as I generally finish all of the questions with 5+ minutes left and have plenty of time to go back and review the questions that I was unsure of. Sometimes I will have sections where I have several minutes at the end that I don't even know what to do with. With all that in mind, how should I approach blind review for these sections? Am I past the blind review stage for LR or is there a deeper blind review strategy than this? Also, as a note I am scoring between -1 and -5 depending on section difficulty.

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Are the questions you're still missing after BR questions that were circled or uncircled? I'm in basically the same boat as you right now. I think that if you aren't already doing this, then writing down an explanation for the questions you got wrong could help.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

Usually I’ll miss a couple questions I didn’t circle (trap answer choices) and maybe one or two of the ones that I did circle.

It’s not a terrible place to be, but I also don’t want to just be burning material unless I’m moving forward

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Well if you're still missing questions after doing a mini blind review during timed conditions you need to go deeper into analysis and figure out why you missed it. Did you misunderstand the stimulus/answer choice? Is it a specific topic that gives you difficulty? Those overconfident errors, were there steps you could've taken to make sure you didn't miss them under timed conditions? For example, if you had taken 10-15 extra seconds to diagram would you have still missed it?

Also, how do you score on your actual BR? If these are questions you got right during BR then how long did it take you? If it takes you more than 5 mins untimed try to figure out what it was that gave you difficulty and the steps you can take to get better at it. If it barely took you time during BR then why did you miss it initially? Reading error? Fatigue?

Personally, I'm okay with missing questions that took me a long time to work my way through during LR. But you can take steps to reduce the frequency of these types of questions from occurring and getting better at identifying them/not taking as much time on it.

You're in a good place to be but there's always room for improvement, if you seek it. I think that unless your BR score is 180 there's always things to learn. And even if your BR score is 180 there's always drills that can be done to stay sharp. I mean, even JY still critiques himself and his strategies during his timed takes.

Hope that helps!

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

I don't know how tight your schedule is, but I've always done full blind reviews such that I go over every single question again during BR. I rarely miss questions that I didn't circle so it might be worthwhile to try doing full section BR so that you can train your brain to stop missing trap questions.