155->163-165 in November?

trvrbeetrvrbee Free Trial Member

Hey everyone. I’m in a panic about my score. To be competitive where I want to go, I need to score a 163 or higher. I need to compensate for my LSAT (3.3). I took in September and scored as follows:
RC: -8
LR: -5
LG: -11
LR: -10
Do I have any chance of making the improvement I need before the November test? What should I focus on? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
    938 karma

I believe full-proofing and drilling weaknesses in LR could get you there. I've only been full-proofing for a short while now, and I'm already getting a lot of free points. I'm sure you could benefit from the same. Good luck!

• gettysburggettysburg Alum Member
    126 karma

I definitely think you can make a solid improvement before November but in order to prepare most effectively, you need to ask yourself the following questions about your experience during the September exam:

1) Did you run out of time on any (or all) sections? Did you feel as though you were rushing towards the end and had to make random or semi-random guesses? If so, timing might be what you want to focus on. If you understand the logic but feel as though you need an extra minute or two on more difficult questions, I recommend doing a lot of timed drills and sections.

2) Were there certain types of questions you felt you had to go back to or were completely stuck on? Questions where you bounced between two answer choices but couldn't figure out which was wrong and which was correct? If so, that might be an issue with understanding a particular concept. Isolate that concept and study it. Maybe return to the 7Sage Core lesson on it, followed by problem sets.

3) Did test day make you a lot more anxious than you usually are during a PT? Did you feel "off"? While sometimes test anxiety can't be overcome completely, you can definitely improve the nervousness by taking PTs under rigid testing conditions - that way, when the real deal rolls around in November, it'll only feel (somewhat) like another ole' PT.

Best of luck! I'm hoping to make a jump this November too, so I'm right there with ya. :)