Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I take the Nov test?

tsengel_2018tsengel_2018 Alum Member

Hi y'all. So, I registered to take the Nov test, but with school and other stuff, I really have had no time to prepare. First, when I registered, I thought I would be able to designate time for studying, but unfortunately, that was not the case. So, should I still take the test with no preparation after all I paid for it. Do law schools consider the average, or do they receive all the scores I get in the past? I am very worried. Please help, thank you!!

Comments

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited October 2018 2124 karma

I would advice against taking the exam without any preparation at all. Though schools consider your highest LSAT score, they still get to see every score. Deciding to take the test depends on where you're currently scoring, but please don't go into the test blindly and expecting a miracle.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Yeah that's a really not good idea. They will see all scores. Are you saying that from now until the test you will not study at all? Or that you haven't up until now? If you diagnostic well and aren't aiming for a big improvement then the month or so until the test might be enough time for you to prepare, but that's unlikely.

• tsengel_2018tsengel_2018 Alum Member
    144 karma

Thank you very much for the advice!! I was wondering like if I take the November test and get a bad score, and then take the September test, and do really well on that, my psychology was that law schools would see that I improved a lot and worked hard between these two test periods. This is what I was hoping that law schools do. I guess I am wrong then. I shall just drop from the Nov test date.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@emma_2018 said:
    Thank you very much for the advice!! I was wondering like if I take the November test and get a bad score, and then take the September test, and do really well on that, my psychology was that law schools would see that I improved a lot and worked hard between these two test periods. This is what I was hoping that law schools do. I guess I am wrong then. I shall just drop from the Nov test date.

I am not sure law schools look at it that way but what may happen is that if its particularly bad you may need to write an addendum about a bad LSAT score. On top of that, most people have a drop in score the first time they take the LSAT and need to take it again. Some people need 4 takes to score in their average and at that point it looks a bit crowded to have that many scores. Again, I don't think its bad, just something that if you don't have to deal with, you shouldn't.