Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I postpone taking the October LSAT this weekend?

lsatletsdothislsatletsdothis Alum Member
in General 56 karma

I've been a member of 7sage for a while, just lurking the forums. I'm an international student and scheduled to take the October LSAT this Sunday. I've been PTing for a few months now, and my scores have been really erratic and not in my goal range. I'm also scheduled to take the November exam, and I'm going to try for the January one too if I don't make the score I want (lhigh 160-low 170).

My concern is this is my second take, and the first time I took the test I went in underprepared and got a 157.

Would it hurt my chances for admission if I got two low scores, even if I improved and got a higher score in the future tests? If so, should I sit in for the exam and cancel afterwards? The deadline to withdraw was weeks ago so I don't think I have that as an option.

Help :(

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

It's better to take it fewer times, and if you know you're not going to score how you want then it's best to postpone. I think this is especially true since you're already okay/expecting to take it in November and maybe even January. Ultimately, your highest score is what matters the most, but it's still not great to have four takes on your record when you could only have two.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

I always recommend to take it when you're ready because even once you're ready it's easy to underperform once or twice.

• lsatletsdothislsatletsdothis Alum Member
    edited October 2018 56 karma

Thanks a lot for your comments guys! @NotMyName @MissChanandler Gosh the lsat really is a marathon