Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your test-taking procedures?

Logic GainzLogic Gainz Alum Member
in General 700 karma

I really want to solidify some consistent timing strategies, so if you have any specific procedures you follow for any of the sections, I'd love to hear about them.

Comments

• Lucas CarterLucas Carter Alum Member
    2798 karma

I found that checking or thinking about time throws me out of focus, so I time myself intuitively. To build this intuition, I started breaking tasks outside of the LSAT into 35 minute intervals. This helped me to be able to intuitively feel what 35 minutes looks like exactly and develop a pace. I analogize it to running in the sense that I tune into a pace and then remain confident that I can hit it every single time. It took a lot of Trial and Error especially in LR but I alternated between being too over confident and too under confident and eventually found a balance.

• Logic GainzLogic Gainz Alum Member
    edited October 2018 700 karma

Woah... @"Lucas Carter", how long of doing that did it take before you began knowing what 35 minutes felt like intuitively?

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    edited October 2018 770 karma

@"Logic Gainz" said:
    Woah... @"Lucas Carter", how long of doing that did it take before you began knowing what 35 minutes felt like intuitively?

I found it doesn't take that long. Like Lucas, I've also kind of developed that 35 minute intuition. You kind of just know as you get to the end of the section.
    Looking and thinking about time also causes me great distress, so I try to avoid it, haha.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Maybe also figuring there's BR after and then instruction and help.