Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Take time off for LSAT?

serolod94serolod94 Free Trial Member
edited October 2018 in General 11 karma

Hi everyone,

I've done a lot of research and know the LSAT is extremely important, especially with a low GPA.
I'm currently working full time and a full time student. I tried studying for the LSAT as well this semester; it was stressful. I'm suppose to be graduating December 2019 and applying in the fall of September 2019, to enter law school if all goes well the fall of 2020. Should I take the Spring semester of 2019 to focus on the LSAT for June and complete my law school application (personal statements etc.) or just manage my time better? If I take off the Spring semester 2019, I'll still be entering law school 2020. Graduating undergrad in May. Thank you for your help!

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    edited October 2018 3279 karma

If you're working 40 hours a week, attending 15 hours a class a week, and spending time on those classes I don't think you can squeeze in studying for the LSAT. You should focus on getting top marks in those classes.

I wouldn't even try nibbling at LSAT material now. If I had to do work and school full time, I would want to use any free time I had to relax.

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

I strongly advice against it. I'd also suggest taking an extended period off between school before going to law school. Slow down before you jump into something that will be a time sink in your life for three years.

@10000019 gave you solid advice. Nibble away at it for a bit, focus on your GPA, and then take some time off for yourself before you jump in.

• serolod94serolod94 Free Trial Member
    11 karma

I took off three years in between, which is why I was considering taking a semester off since I would still be graduating in May. Thank you so much for you advice! I really appreciate your help!