Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Essay

Literally have never looked at the essay part...should I before tomorrow? Any quick tips?

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

Some people say to never study the writing sample. I think it doesn't hurt to take a 10 minute look at one or two older ones, maybe from the 50s or 60s. Just to see what we are doing. It's not graded so its importance is well below the other sections but law schools apparently read it, so you want to at least (in my opinion) do a halfway competent job. Basically, we are going to be presented with a scenario that poses two options and we argue for one over the other. The scenarios will range from a family vacationing, should they travel by air or car or a theatre company receiving a grant, what should they do with it? There will be a few considerations for each scenario. I haven't looked at all of the writing prompts but the issues that I have come across are all pretty banal, there really isn't anything controversial or heated, we won't for instance be arguing for or against the death penalty for Timothy McVeigh. It will be something like: where should we build this fictional telescope?

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    edited November 2018 4850 karma

This 30 minute video will make you an expert. FWIW, the admissions adviser at my top choice law school said that she reads the writing sample for the applications she reviews. YMMV.

Good luck tomorrow!

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

Thanks @LSAT_Wrecker!

• mandyb10mandyb10 Member
    29 karma

thank you!!!!

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    edited November 2018 1694 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker said:

This 30 minute video will make you an expert. FWIW, the admissions adviser at my top choice law school said that she reads the writing sample for the applications she reviews. YMMV.

Good luck tomorrow!

This is the most important thing, the setup!