Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fool Proofing LR Section

Hello 7Sage!

A couple of months back I posted here asking for help regarding improving my study habits. The turn around has been incredible utilizing the tips that this community gave me!

I am finishing up fool proofing logic games in the coming weeks. It has been a struggle working full time and helping to make sure the wedding happens without issue, but I am really hitting my stride with understanding the process it takes to fool proof the test.

I am curious to see how many of you have fool proofed the LR section. Have you used a similar method that you used approaching LG? Any tips?

Any little bit helps! Looking forward to reading the comments!

Best,

Jonah

Comments

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    edited November 2018 737 karma

The equivalent of the foolproof method for LR is what JY calls blind review, in my opinion. Check out the lessons on it in the CC.

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

BR is key, because that truly tests your understanding. You can also drill question types with the question bank. Keep in mind that you shouldn’t do this with tests you haven’t taken. You’ll be spoiling your ability to see fresh questions for PTs. There are some phrasings, common LSAT practices and just quirky words (phenomenon, takes for granted that, presupposition, the wordings for answers in Argument Part and flaw questions) in which it helps to drill them and just spend time in looking at their wording and what they convey. For stuff like that, the question bank is very helpful. You’ll see over time that LR stimuli and answers (really bad wrong answers, trap answers, and right answers) follow a formula. This formula is very learnable. Good luck!

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

Keep a binder of any LR question that gave you difficulty and flip through some of it every day. This was part of my cookie-cutter review. It will help you get familiar w identifying structure in Lr stimuli.