Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cancelled test

Has anyone heard of a test site being cancelled the night before the test? I was scheduled to take the test in Fair Lawn and received and email the night before stating it was cancelled. How does LSAC correct this issue? I want to be able to take the test twice (November and January) before having to submit applications for the 2019 Fall enrollment. Thanks in advance for any help or input.

Comments

• turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    edited November 2018 770 karma

Typically they'll reschedule for a few weeks from now! Sorry that happened and hoping for the best!

• CathynanziCathynanzi Member
    14 karma

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it!

• redshiftredshift Alum Member
    261 karma

My test got cancelled as well. Wondering when they'll tell us we're taking it. Doesn't seem likely for this weekend given that many people may have Thanksgiving plans

14 karma

Spoke to the LSAC office today we should hear something by weeks end when the make up exam will be. They said we will take the same test and will get the scores the same time as everyone else. Hope that helps. How are you studying? Self study or tutor etc? We get a little extra time to prepare!

• RiseandGrindRiseandGrind Alum Member
    219 karma

@Cathynanzi said:
    Spoke to the LSAC office today we should hear something by weeks end when the make up exam will be. They said we will take the same test and will get the scores the same time as everyone else. Hope that helps. How are you studying? Self study or tutor etc? We get a little extra time to prepare!

Hi! Thank you for calling and letting us know. My test center (USF) got cancelled as well on Saturday. Isn't it kinda crazy that they will give us the same test even though there is so much information out there about it already?

261 karma

That helps a bunch! Thanks. I took a course, but did a bunch of self-study in addition to the course (foolproof'ed LGs from 67-81, currently working on LGs 1-30). You?

14 karma

same I also added a tutor this past month, helped a bit with the one on one. Good luck!!! Hopefully the info they provided is correct. Should know by tomorrow because of the holiday. I will call again if I don't hear anything by 1pm in case they close early. Happy Thanksgiving!

261 karma

Thanks, good luck to you too! Happy Thanksgiving

219 karma

I just received word from LSAC that our test is being rescheduled to December 1st and it will be an undisclosed test. Hope you all received some news too! Do you guys think it'll be an older February test, or a "version" of the November test?

edited November 2018 261 karma

Thanks for the update! I think it'll be an older Feb test that was undisclosed, which is why they won't disclose it for us (so they can keep using it in the future). If it were some version of this November exam, it seems likely that they'd let us see how much we got right/wrong

• coellacoella Alum Member
    95 karma

@RiseandGrind Thanks for posting the update! just wondering: did you get this info via email? I haven't received anything from LSAC yet.

219 karma

@coella Yes, the LSAC emailed me on Wednesday afternoon with the new date and the new test center location. I think these decisions are being made by each cancelled test center, because a friend who was also going to test at USF got that email. I would definitely give them a call if they haven't informed you by now, just in case!

• coellacoella Alum Member
    95 karma

@RiseandGrind Awesome, thanks!

I was actually scheduled to take it in Fair Lawn as well. @Cathynanzi have you received an email yet?