FYI - for July administration, some will be digital while others won't

john1234-1john1234-1 Alum Member
edited December 2018 in General 426 karma

While digging around on the LSAC site, I came across an interesting piece of information:

Will I know if I will be taking the digital test if I register for the July 2019 LSAT? No.
For the July 15, 2019 test administration, some test centers will be administering the pencil-and-paper test, and some will be administering the digital test. The test content will be the same regardless of which method a test taker receives. Test takers will not know in advance which test their center will be using. This is a recognized best practice under educational testing standards for moving to a new testing method. We recommend that all July test registrants use the free online tutorial that will be available on LSAC.org in December 2018 to become familiar with the Digital LSAT.

When can I register for the July 2019 test?
Registration for the July 15, 2019 test will open in mid-December 2018 at LSAC.org.

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

Yep, I have a feeling the July test will be a very unpopular one lol.

Also can we take a moment to appreciate your username! It's both motivational and hilarious thanks to Michael Scott :joy:

• john1234-1john1234-1 Alum Member
    edited December 2018 426 karma

I suppose the only saving grace is the free retake.

And @Sprinkles thank you haha, right on!

For those of you who are new to ABC:
    * I apologize in advance for Alec Baldwin's character's affinity for profanity.

"Coffee's for closers" is a personal favorite.

And this entire clip is gold--

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@Sprinkles said:
    Yep, I have a feeling the July test will be a very unpopular one lol.

But the July 2019 test is a special test where students get to see the scores first before deciding to cancel!

11542 karma

@akistotle thats valid. I think the idea of not knowing whether you get paper or digital until you are administered the test is going to cause lots of anxiety which will result in a lower outcome of test takers. Could be wrong :)

11542 karma

@"Always Be Closing" LOL two very epic clips!

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

This is apropos of nothing, but in that legendary cast I still put Jack Lemmon at the top. His character was so heartbreaking. Of course Al Pacino is Al Pacino, but Jack Lemmon's Shelley, in all his desperate attempts of enthusiasm even though life was just constantly beating him down, I mean, shit, man..