Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Foolproofing LG Bundle twice?

ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
edited December 2018 in Logic Games 737 karma

I've already been through the LG Bundle once. I didn't really strictly follow the famous Pacifico method. I did it a bit differently. I just didn't like having to use a timer so much, so I went by feel. I'm studying for a January retake now, though, and LG is still a section I'd like to improve. But I'm fairly familiar with most of the LG Bundle games. Should I drill the bundle again but do it by type? Or foolproof more recent games that I've already seen? For instance I've been through PT 62-71 and some other recent tests already. I don't want to excessively focus on foolproofing LG in preparing for January as I still have fresh preptests and probably should drill new sections of LG too, but I figure more foolproofing would be a good idea.

Comments

• Beast ModeBeast Mode Live Member
    840 karma

Hi there,

Even though you have done the games before, try to do them timed and see if you can replicate the deductions without looking at anything. I thought I remembered the games I have done before but some were done so long a go that it took me a sec to remember the inferences. I just did them until I got to JY's recommended time or under. I know it's a long process but it really works. Just be patient and it will pay off. Good luck!

• Victoria.Victoria. Member
    553 karma

I agree with @"Beast Mode" i did all of the LG sections 60-83 before sept then redid them all before november and I remembered way less than I thought I would. Once you do so many games they start to blur (except the really weird ones) so I'd recommend redoing the recent sections you already did but I'd suggest to practice by section instead of by individual games. Do excessively focus on foolproofing LG by section but I'm not sure you'd have to go back to the bundle in order to do so (I opted not to after I thought about the limited amount of time I had until november because like you I still wanted to work in sufficient pt work). Good luck!

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    737 karma

@"Victoria." said:
    I agree with @"Beast Mode" i did all of the LG sections 60-83 before sept then redid them all before november and I remembered way less than I thought I would. Once you do so many games they start to blur (except the really weird ones) so I'd recommend redoing the recent sections you already did but I'd suggest to practice by section instead of by individual games. Do excessively focus on foolproofing LG by section but I'm not sure you'd have to go back to the bundle in order to do so (I opted not to after I thought about the limited amount of time I had until november because like you I still wanted to work in sufficient pt work). Good luck!

Thanks guys. Yeah, I think I will do the more recent ones and mix in older sections. And I will be stricter on the timing. I felt that PT 19-35's games were probably more similar to the modern sections. The really early preptests seemed to have a higher proportion of miscellaneous games.

• Beast ModeBeast Mode Live Member
    840 karma

You're welcome and yes, timing is critical so that you're well prepared for test day. Try to do them either at the target time or under then BR after.