BR on Nov Test ~ NYC

2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
in Study Groups 1810 karma

So we've tossed this around on a couple of different threads, but I wanted to put this up as a new one, just in case it catches anyone's eye who missed the other posts. A few of us in NYC (mostly downtown, also Queens) are looking to start a new study group, and we're going to start by doing BR on the Nov. test. We're meeting Saturday at the Jefferson Library in the West Village - probably 1-5pm. Please comment and/or join us if this is something you want in on...now or just in general over the next couple of months. So far I love JY's methods and explanations, and like so many on here, I only wish I'd found 7sage sooner. But better late than never on a test we're allowed to retake, right?

Comments

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

We had a good session on Saturday with just two of us BRing the first LR section and the LG section of the Nov. exam. The Jefferson library in the West Village is really nice. For anyone who might be interested, we're planning on doing the other two sections next Sat., Dec. 29. It's useful to discuss the difficult questions with people ~ it helps to explain your reasoning out loud. Hopefully we can get a group together and tackle some more PTs, as well.
    @jimmyrivera201 @vichinsky @mrbuttons

edited December 2018 1810 karma

We are meeting for BR on two of the RC passages and the second LR section of the Nov. test this Sat. Dec. 29 in the common area of my building in LIC, Queens this Saturday. Please let me know if anyone is interested.
    #skhan012018 #jimmyrivera #vichinsky #mrbuttons

• Waffle23Waffle23 Alum Member
    603 karma

Hey @"Rachael Lipton" thank you for setting this up. I’m interested in joining tomorrow.

I’m assuming the meeting time will be 1pm?
    Could you please pm the address? Thank you!

1810 karma

Yay! So glad to have you join us. We're actually doing the two RC passages that JY isn't doing on upcoming Saturdays ~ so passages 2 & 4, as well as the second (non-bonobo) LR section in its entirety. Please bring a clean copy of the whole test because if we have time we're going to go over the few questions in the first LR section that we got wrong both on the real test AND on our BR last Sat. I mean, F those questions, right? No, seriously, we need to figure out how the hell our reasoning drifted so far off target and chase those faulty-reasoning demons out forever. And if we're really feeling crazy, I could even stand to do the LG section one more time so I'll bring my iPad down and we can proctor-time it and then discuss, but #mrbuttons might be good on those at this point. I'll send you a private msg now with my address. And you guessed it, we're starting at 1pm.

603 karma

I'm getting back into the groove of lsat after taking some time off, but I'll come prepared.

@JenBrooklyn is also interested in joining

1810 karma

As long as everyone is serious and prepared (and doesn't mind that we've already decided on specific material), then the more the merrier :smile:

1810 karma

Thanks to all who came out on Saturday. I thought it was very productive, and everyone seemed to agree we should do it regularly. If anyone else in the NYC area wants to join our new little study group, we're still focusing on the Nov. test for now, but soon enough we'll move on to other material. Doing blind review with others is a great way to articulate our thought processes.

1810 karma

So we're taking a break this Saturday, and I propose we meet again on Sat. Jan. 12. We could meet later in the day and then arrange it so we all tune into JY's RC P1 - Indus Valley BR, which starts at 6:30pm. Let me know who's in.

603 karma

Hi Rachael. I’m in for Sat. Jan. 12th.

• TdotdotdotTdotdotdot Alum Member
    32 karma

Hi! Im in NYC and interested in joining this study group if it still active.

1810 karma

It is active and you are welcome! We're taking tomorrow off, but we intend to meet on as many Saturdays as possible, including next Sat. Jan. 12.

1810 karma

Hey guys (and any NYC 7Sagers who are interested)! We're going to meet Sat., Jan. 12, and I'm happy to host again since I have a lounge in my building that works well. We didn't get through as much as we wanted last time so let's continue with the Nov. test, focusing on RC P4 and the rest of the (non-bonobo) LR section (we ended at question 15). I also think it would be fun to try the games again, proctored (timed) and then discuss them. We could do 1pm-5pm again, if that works for everyone. I'm definitely going to tune in to JY's RC P1 - Indus Valley BR, which starts at 6:30pm, so if everyone else wants to do that, we could maybe tune in together. Keep me posted.

1810 karma

Also I just changed my name on here to 2ndTimestheCharm.

1810 karma

Hey guys. Bad news. The common room in my building is booked this Saturday for a private event. I may just use the afternoon to prepare for the upcoming group BR sessions on the forum, unless anyone else has a great idea for an alternate space. We can always resume next Saturday.

1810 karma

Hey guys (and any NYC 7Sagers who are interested)! We're meeting Sat., Jan. 19, and I'm hosting in the lounge in my building in Long Island City. I'm waiting to hear back, but I think we're picking up where we left off on the Nov. test, focusing on RC P4 and the rest of the (non-bonobo) LR section (we ended at question 15). We may also try the games again, proctored (timed) and then discuss them. It's 2-6pm. Message me if you want in. I'm definitely going to tune in to JY's RC P3 - Blame BR, which starts at 6:30pm, so if everyone else wants to do that, we could maybe tune in together (with separate devices and headphones). Keep me posted so I know how many people to expect.