Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

School past ED deadline but hasn’t given decision?

cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌

My ED school was supposed to notify me of their decision by the 21st, and I emailed an Asst Dean last week who said I’d have a decision by the end of the 22nd, and claimed that everyone was out because they were sick, but it hasn’t come as of today.

Since they’re not living up to their end of this whole boondoggle, am I still bound by ED?

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Ooh that's a tricky question. My guess is that they would still expect you to hold up your end, but you's have a decent argument against it. As of today they're only five days late. I would follow up again on Friday (when it's been a whole week) to check in again. Obviously, if you ED'd then you really wanted to go there. If they accept you a week late, will that change how much you want to go there? If it's really turning you off to the school, I think your other option would be to withdraw your application.

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

@MissChanandler said:
    Ooh that's a tricky question. My guess is that they would still expect you to hold up your end, but you's have a decent argument against it. As of today they're only five days late. I would follow up again on Friday (when it's been a whole week) to check in again. Obviously, if you ED'd then you really wanted to go there. If they accept you a week late, will that change how much you want to go there? If it's really turning you off to the school, I think your other option would be to withdraw your application.

Good advice! Will do.