Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June 2007 LSAT

jessicalauren216jessicalauren216 Free Trial Member
in General 86 karma

I'm taking the January LSAT and it was suggested to me I do a couple of practice tests in the morning (8:30AM when the actual LSAT starts) to get as realistic of an experience possible before the actual exam. Today I took the June 2007 exam to get a feel for it, and my score tanked from my average (162) to a 156. So I'm kind of freaking out.

LR was fine, and pretty much how I usually score. My average is -4 and in the two sections, I scored -2 and -5.

My LG was a complete disaster. My average is -5 and I got -11. Could this be because it's an old test?

My RC was also unusually low. I'm not the strongest in RC in general -- I average 7.. but this time I also got -11. I attribute it to being tired in the morning which is something I'm going to work on these next few weeks before the exam.

I'm really looking for guidance as to whether or not the LG games on this exam are unusually difficult, or if this is a sign that I need to improve in the section all around.

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8700 karma

The -11 concerns me. June 2007's LG is in my estimation very normal/run of the mill and should have been more along the lines of your average. The exam is not really that "old" and the games contained on that section are pretty much something we might expect to see on a more modern exam. The first game although a tiny bit odd was relatively straightforward in its underlying structure. My recommendation would be to try to find out what went wrong and try to fix all or most of those issues.

The RC is also a bit concerning, but this exam did have the first A/B passage on record I believe, so that could have been a contributing factor for sure. So it would depend on how experienced you are with those.

The last two points I will state are: the exam has a -9 "curve" which I always found more on the difficult side (C2 also has one).
    Don't put too much stock in a single exam, it is our performance over spans of exams that really indicates our progress/ability.

David