Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage for higher diagnostics

amgal3838amgal3838 Alum Member
in General 6 karma

Hello! I am hoping to get some feedback from people who are far along in a 7Sage paid course or already completed the LSAT. For those with higher diagnostics, did 7Sage still substantially help improve your score? Or is the curriculum more helpful for those beginning with lower diagnostics?

Additionally, did anyone take an in-person course in addition to a 7Sage course, and did you feel this was beneficial or not? Why?

I look forward to hearing back from this community. Thank you!

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

What do you mean by higher diagnostic? By the time I got to 7sage I was in the 160s, and it helped me get a real LSAT score of 172. My diagnostic was a 157 before using the Powerscore bibles. If you're already scoring in the high 160s, the core curriculum might not be as helpful as if you didn't understand any of the fundamentals, but I think it would still help

• Harvey_lHarvey_l Alum Member
    268 karma

Well.... some people who score an extremely high diagnostic score don't know about conditional logic (i.e. translating stuff into A-->B forms/variations) , and you might be intuitively better at the LSAT's logic than others who's diagnostic scores are around the 150's. But it really helps when 7sage teaches you about translating conditional statements, rather than relying on intuition alone, especially for some of the denser materials.

But you may just be one of those people who diagnosed at 171, like a friend of mine who grew up reading a bunch of dense materials at a young age. lol. If you're one of those people just BR, you don't necessarily need 7sage.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I think it really depends on what you mean by higher diagnostic (what’s the score?) and also what areas you need improvement in. If you’re scoring Perfect on everything except LG, then it maybe wouldn’t be worth it, because 7sage puts all of their LG explanations online for free. That’s not the entire curriculum for LG, but it’s a very significant portion. 7sage’s curriculum focuses a lot on teaching conditional logic, which is what the LSAT is based on. There’s a lot to learn about grammar and how the LSAT specifically uses it, techniques for improving RC and LG, and explanations for all questions, depending on which package you buy. I’d say it’s helpful and worth it for maybe 98% of LSAT students.