Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT: Method of study?

shane.mcglashenshane.mcglashen Alum Member
edited December 2014 in General 194 karma
After doing quite a bit of preparatory work and taking about 7 PT's (thus far), I was curious if you guys would think it an improper method of study to ONLY do pts from this point forward with intense blind review and then further review. Is there a point where its time to only take pts? Im a little under 2 months out and am feeling that I might gain more understanding by dealing only with the tests. Ive purchased every available pt, so running out of fresh material from now until test day given the time line isn't an issue.

I guess what the real question is, while I am admittadly a little hazy in some areas, do you think intense study of the PTs would achieve a more applicable understanding rather than taking the time away from that to re-watch/read preparatory curriculum I have already reviewed (as I have reviewed them all at least once)

Comments

• LeBisondeMistLeBisondeMist Alum Member
    135 karma
    I think focusing mainly on PTs could work, assuming you've mastered all basic concepts. If you're getting above a 175 on BR, then you're probably good to just do PTs. If not, I'd still drill weaknesses. Actually, even with a 175 BR I'd probably still drill weaknesses, honestly. I'd say it's dependent upon your timed and BR scores.

Do you only have PTs or do you have the Cambridge drills (PT 1-38 by type)?
  • shane.mcglashenshane.mcglashen Alum Member
    194 karma
    I only have PTs. Do you think it would be a good idea to purchase cambridge drills? Also what do you mean by BR?
  • shane.mcglashenshane.mcglashen Alum Member
    194 karma
    OOOh blind review. Great point.
  • LeBisondeMistLeBisondeMist Alum Member
    135 karma
    If money isn't an issue it would be easier. It's not super expensive to purchase just the drills. If you do, get the PDFs so that you can reuse them if need be. It seems like it would be difficult to do drills from the PT, so I'd say it's worth the investment, but I do know people who've only gotten PTs and used those to drill.