Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Preparing for New Digital LSAT

etkowalskietkowalski Free Trial Member
in General 34 karma

Hi all. I am considering taking the July 2019 LSAT which will be my first go. Given that it is the first launch of the digital version of the exam, I have some reservations. Mainly, I am afraid of the fact that since the majority of my studying will be on paper, I feel less prepared for a paperless exam. I am aware of the benefits of the exam (e.g. no bubbles!), but I still like to simulate as realistic a testing environment as possible.

Does anyone know if any of the PTs will be made digital so we can simulate tests in a realistic way?

I believe that for the first digital exam, testers will be allowed to see their score prior to accepting it. Is this a worthwhile tradeoff?

I haven't checked out the LSAC tutorials yet, but I'm sure they will be somewhat helpful.

Anyone else have similar concerns? Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• i just started the course and i plan on taking the exam on September which will be digital. I have the same concerns as you do and im hoping that they will provide us with some PTs because the Logic Games section will be the most difficult i think and although they will provide a scratch paper i think its gonna be kind of difficult since we will have to redirect our eyes between the tablet and the paper

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

Just to double check, you do know that you there's a 50/50 chance that you can get the last paper-and-pencil test in July, right? By all means, you should definitely get yourself acquainted with Surface Go prior to July. But from the way you wrote your post, it kind of sounded like you thought you were definitely getting the digital test in July, which is not true.

• lawgikallawgikal Core Member
    108 karma

@etkowalski I'm planning to write after July; so, I will have to take the digital test. I've been on and off with my studying and when I learned that the test would be digital, I panicked. After taking some time to think about this, I don't think the digital test will be so bad because what we will be tested on will remain the same. The transition from the paper to the digital test will only require technical adjusting (to the format). So, I'm trying to use a tablet and stylus as much as possible to 'familiarize' myself with the digital test.

Now, with the exception of logical reasoning, I'm using a tablet and a stylus to do my practice. On the 'Get Acquainted with the Digital LSAT' tutorial, I didn't see an option to draw with an e-pencil - this would be helpful. So, I'm doing logical reasoning with pencil and paper for now.

Ultimately, I think that trade-offs are worthwhile. Even if it is not, anyone who is writing after July will need to take the digital test.

• AshleighKAshleighK Alum Member
    786 karma

You get a scrap piece of paper for games! This was my main concern too.