Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic games...grrr. What can i do now?

AChris1210AChris1210 Alum Member
in General 107 karma

I’m taking the LSAT next week but still really struggling with logic games. Sometimes I’ll just freeze and have no idea what to do with it after making the game board and writing the rules.

Im only a few points shy of my target score and my LR and RC are pretty solid. Is there anything I can do to strengthen logic games in the next week and a half? Any strategies that can help me?

Thanks!

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8694 karma

How many are you typically missing? An average of your last 5 fully timed, fresh LG sections*

• AChris1210AChris1210 Alum Member
    107 karma

My average is -13 on LG 🙁

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited January 2019 23929 karma

@AChris1210 said:
    I’m taking the LSAT next week but still really struggling with logic games. Sometimes I’ll just freeze and have no idea what to do with it after making the game board and writing the rules.

Im only a few points shy of my target score and my LR and RC are pretty solid. Is there anything I can do to strengthen logic games in the next week and a half? Any strategies that can help me?

Thanks!

Depends on where you’re at...

-Do you know the logic basics in the CC?
    -Have you done all the logic and LG lessons in the CC?
    -Have you foolproofed a good number of tests? (I drilled/fool proofed ~100+ games before I was anywhere near decent.)

LG was far and away my weakest section. I mean, like, I sucked. But they call it the foolproof method for a reason... it works.

You say you’re only a few points from your target score? If you’re missing 13 per section, you might actually be able to get it down to -10 in the last week before the Jan test. I wouldn’t count on it necessarily, but I think it’s possible that just learning the correct diagramming strategies and common gameboard set ups could conceivably give you the few points you need.

If I were you I’d maybe postpone until March. LG really is the most learnable section. There’s no reason that with JY’s strategies and videos you can’t kill games. I’d bet almost anything, if you foolproof correctly, you can get that -13 down to -6 or better by March.

Best of luck!

• dansykes94dansykes94 Core Member
    112 karma

you could get that down to -5 if you put in the work. You still have 9 days. That's plenty of time to do heavy LG drilling.

I'm in the same position. I get -10 or so usually but I see huge improvements each day. Last week I was -20.

You're gonna make me. Don't worry. Some people are able to go from -20 to -2 within mere days. As the above user mentioned, the foolproof method is designed to get you to perfect LG. unlike the other sections of the exam, there's a very finite number of possible questions they can ask. Master each genre and nothing in the exam will surprise you.

• AChris1210AChris1210 Alum Member
    107 karma

Thank you!!

• mjmonte17mjmonte17 Alum Member
    757 karma

Here is a tip for saving time: I found that doing the local questions first (ex: If B is earlier than R, what could be false?) helps save time and sometimes eliminates the need to make another game board for global questions (questions with no added premise). Just refer back to the local question's game board to eliminate answer choices for global questions.